I try to convince my self that every day is a different one, but suck it, the days look pretty much the same to me.
I realized that I haven’t been maximizing my days as a human. (Because I was an elegant Persian kitty in my previous life, and my bucket list back then included entries such as: purr nonstop, lick my tail, meow til my owner’s ears burst, stretch like a ballerina, score a date with Garfield.)
For some, it would be easy to tick off several entries in their own bucket lists within a month. But if you’re confined within the four walls of your office, with 5 days of the week intended for work, then the opportunity to strike off a single entry in the list becomes impossible.
Okay, I was just making an excuse (like I always do). The entries in my bucket list range from the mundane to the
unobtainable extraordinary. Please don’t judge me. *smirks*
Start a blog. And make it worthwhile. And gather a thousand followers. And reach 99 million hits.
2. Learn to play the piano. (Childhood frustration, sorry.)
See the Puerto Princesa Underground River. Conquer the whole of Palawan. And take bazillion tourist photos.
4. Pet a Tarsier in the Chocolate Hills of Bohol.
5. Spot a Philippine Eagle at the foot of Mt. Apo.
6. Blow a birthday cake on the summit of Mt. Pulag.
7. Enroll in a make-up class. (And try not to look like a ghastly blob of white on photos.)
8. Take my mom and 2 sisters to a sky’s-the-limit shopping spree in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
Write a wish on a flying lantern.
10. Own a badass SUV and bring it to a drag race.
11. Get a tattoo. A teeny-weeny bit of tattoo. Just so my grandchildren would think I’m a cool grandmama.
12. Explore Hogwarts and Hogsmeade and leave a mark at the Harry Potter Theme Park in Universal Studios Orlando.
13. Get a master’s degree/law degree. Err. Master’s degree will do.
14. Conquer Bukidnon’s longest zipline.
15. Skydive/jump off a plane at 10,000 feet.
16. Place 200 pairs of shoes in my own house’s walk-in closet.
17. Work for the Asian Development Bank or the United Nations and sit side by side with the Secretary-General.
18. Watch Anderson Cooper live. And get his autograph. And hug him.
19. Plant a tree and check yearly if it is still alive and kicking ala Whomping Willow.
20. Enroll my sister in a school for special children and watch her graduate with honors.
21. Coax my mom to attend culinary school when she retires from work. Just so she could have fun after retirement.
22. Spend 2 to 3 days at The Farm in Batangas. Without cellphones, laptops and anything that would remind me of the outside world.
23. Dance, kiss in the rain.
24. Sleep under the star-studded sky.
25. Attend a kick-ass fashion show, and try being a model for one night.
26. Be a cast in a music video.
27. Donate blood.
28. Bring my mom to a rock-and-roll concert.
29. Devote an entire day to sleeping.
30. Travel to Bicol in an overnight train.
Attend the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Pampanga. Ride in one of the balloons and poke holes on it. Fly a kite.
32. Record one of my favorite songs and upload it to YouTube.
33. Oh yeah, get married with the love of my life and have healthy kids. Yada yada yada.
34. Win a million bucks in BIR’s Premyo sa Resibo. LOL.
35. Post awesome outfit photos on my blog.
Stop procrastinating and apply for a passport. Long overdue. Very. (edit: Accomplished on 27 September 2012. Hurrah!)
37. Set foot on all seven continents. Six will do. I would have to exclude Antarctica.
38. Go scuba diving.
39. Pay for a stranger’s fare. He/she must be really in need.
40. Be my sister’s maid of honor.
Go white-water rafting.
42. Take photography class with a brand new spanking SLR camera.
43. Learn to speak another language fluently.
44. Road trip from the North to the South.
45. Touch real Safari animals.
46. Visit India and take a picture of the Taj Mahal.
47. Complete the one-day Juju cleanse, and eventually, the three-day cleanse.
48. Have our family picture taken, with my dad’s image photoshopped into it. And then, have the family portrait painted.
49. Spend at least 2,000 bucks at the Casino.
50. Tour the Malacanang Palace (and possibly grab a teeny-weeny souvenir).
51. Come face-to-face with a Butanding (Whale Shark) in Sorsogon.
52. Hug a panda and a koala. The real ones.
53. Learn how to bike. (I developed a phobia when I fell from a huge bike when I was a kid. And my sister refused to teach me.)
54. Start a legit business. A small-medium enterprise will do.
55. Witness a solar and a lunar eclipse.
56. Sport a hair do with full bangs.
… (will update when I get to think of new levels of craziness to add to my list.)
Why post my bucket list when I could just keep the horrible details to myself? I want to be reminded that at one point in my life, I was able to dream, and that I once dared my self to make those dreams come true.